- 1 How to Fix iPhone Touch Screen Not Working Issue
It has been a long time since the new iOS 10 updates have rolled up in Apple iPhones. However, there are some problems with the new iOS 10.2 update because users are complaining about some issues and glitches that they are experiencing in their updated devices. The most frustrating one of them is the iPhone touch not working issue where the iPhone screen unresponsive behavior frustrates the user. What would you do if when iPhone screen not responding to touch? Wel there are some easy to troubleshoot this problem which we are going to share in our tutorial.
How to Fix iPhone Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Apple says that the new iOS 11 is installed on more than 10% of devices after it was first announced. According to that 10 % of users, many pointed out that they are also facing the iPhone touch screen not working issue. Th issue might result in irresponsive display during calls and texting while swiping or tapping. In general, it’s the very annoying bug which users are facing.Currently, this bug is reported by iPhone X/8/7/6s/6/5s/5 users so far.
Force Restart to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
Sometimes these bugs and can be sorted out with a force restart. To do that simply follow these steps:
- Hold power/sleep button for nearly 10 seconds.
- Drag the slider to power off the phone.
- Wait a minute and turn it back on.
This might solve the problem for you, but if it doesn’t then don’t worry we are not done here.
Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
Sometimes these bugs come up because of the 3D touch settings; you can change it by following the steps below:
- Tap on settings app.
- Go over to General.
- Now select Accessibility.
- Scroll down and select 3D touch.
- You can toggle it off, or you can adjust the slider as per your liking. You can choose among three options namely Light, Medium or Firm.
Factory Reset to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
Sometimes the only option is to perform a hard reset. Be warned because a hard reset will erase everything including your messages, apps, photos, videos, documents, etc. from your iPhone. So DO NOT forget to take a backup before performing a hard reset. You can quickly hard reset your phone by following the steps below:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Go to general.
- And now select Reset.
- Select Erase all content and settings.
- A pop window will now open. If you want to make a backup of your data then select “Back Up Then Erase” Otherwise Select “Erase Now”.
- Enter your pass-code and Apple ID.
- Wait for a few minutes until your device resets itself.
Restore to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
It is no wonder that many people are downgrading to fix this issue. If above methods didn’t help you much, then you gotta downgrade to the previous iOS version. You can easily do that iTunes by following these steps:
- Download the latest version of iTunes. You can skip this step if you own a Mac as it comes preinstalled on it.
- Connect your iPhone via lightening/USB cable.
- Go to device > Summary > This computer and select Backup now.
- Select Restore iPhone.
- Wait for a few minutes while iTunes restores your iPhone to a previous version.
So, guys, these are few ways if you’re facing iPhone touch screen not working issue. This will surely solve the iPhone screen unresponsive factor but if it doesn’t, just give a visit to apple care.