I have seen a lot of people looking for changing their IMEI number without rooting the phone, but they didn’t know how they can do so. If you have landed on this page, then you probably are one of those people. In this technological era, changing the IMEI number is quite simple, but it comes with some drawbacks which you must keep in mind before doing an IMEI change. So, without having any more discussions, let’s start exploring the guide on how to change Android IMEI number without root.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Doing the IMEI Change
There’s no doubt that changing your IMEI can provide you with a number of benefits, but despite that, it also contains a number of drawbacks which you must keep in mind while doing so. Here are some of the drawbacks of changing IMEI of your device:
- Changing the IMEI will also disrupt the Warranty of your device.
- In some cases, it can cause some minor damages to your device.
- Take a Backup of your files as sometimes changing the IMEI can delete the files stored on your device.
How to Change Android IMEI Number Without Root?
Changing the IMEI number is quite simple and everyone can do it. We have provided a step by step guide to change android IMEI number without root.
- Download the MobileUncle App on your device.
- Once it’s downloaded, then let it install on your phone.
- Launch the App on your device.
- Press the Engineer Mode button.
- Select the Engineer Mode (MTK).
- Swipe your screen from right to left.
- Find the Connectivity as an option.
- Select CDS information from there.
- Click on the Radio Information tab.
- Select the SIM on which you want to change the IMEI number.
- Click the Phone 1 and then select the AT+ option.
- Now, you have to type “EGMR=1,7″15 Digit IMEI number”
- Once you have typed this, then click on the “Send At Command” button.
- After this, you will see a notification which will say that the AT command is Msend.
- That’s it.
- Now check your IMEI number, you will see a new IMEI number this time. You can check your IMEI number in your device by dialing *#6#.
- With this, your device’s IMEI number will be changed.
So, these were the steps which you need to follow in order to change the IMEI number of your device. I hope this post helped you to change the IMEI of your device. If you found this guide helpful, then spread it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you are still in doubt, then feel free to get in touch through the comment section below.